It’s been a big year for some of the technologies that Datacom offers solutions and services for, such as cloud, mobility and unified communications. And if they hold true and keep expanding, most of the facts and figures point to an exciting 2013. Here are some of our favourite statistics from the biggest tech trends of 2012.
1. Enterprise cloud increased in adoption amongst Australian enterprises from 43 per cent in 2011 to 58 per cent in 2012. (VMWare and Forrester Consulting)
2. Australia was ranked No. 2 out of 24 countries in terms of preparedness for cloud technologies. (BSA)
3. Amongst buyers of cloud, 65 per cent feel the technology has met their business aims. (Everest Group)
4. By close of 2012, more than half of workloads in enterprise data centres will be virtualised. (CloudFX)
5. By 2016, 40 per cent of workers will be mobile. (Gartner)
6. By 2014, the cloud-based mobile apps market will increase by 90 per cent. (Thinque)
7. Nearly three-quarters of companies allow BYOD in some form. (Enterasys)
8. In the past three years, 300,000 mobile apps have been developed. (Digital Buzz Blog)
9. Sixty‐one per cent of organisations that are starting a unified communications project hope to increase productivity. (IDGE Enterprise)
10. Organisations focused on reducing complexity in their unified communications deployments saved as much as $3 billion. (Aberdeen Group)
11. In the next 12 months, 75 per cent of organisations will boost their spending on managed services in Australia or keep budgets the same. (IDC)
12. Thirty-five per cent of enterprise IT costs will shift to another department’s budget instead of IT’s by 2015. (Gartner)
Add your favourite technology facts and figures in the comments.